Friday, February 10, 2012

That New Clinical Study On "Anti-Government Phobia"?????
It's fake.

The first thing I saw on the web this morning was a link to
Study: Distrust Of Government A Mental Disorder
at Breitbart TV.

I just couldn't buy this shit so I did some looking around.
Yes, there really is a "Journal of Clinical Psychiatry". They didn't have anything on this topic, but that's not unusual if this study was in the latest issue.

How do I know it's fake?

Here's the give away- The Authors Name?
Ivor E. Tower, M.D.
Say that out loud a time or two. If I'd have been paying attention and noticed that up front I'd have saved myself a few minutes on the search engine.

I knew this was to over the top and didn't meet the smell test.
Don't embarrass yourself by falling for this shit.

Yes, I know there WAS some sort of study published a few years ago that labeled non-liberal/leftist types as crazy bastards. I'm not gonna go searching for that right now thank you.

OK, that's my Public Service Announcement for the day.

Gratuitous Picture for a Friday Morning-