Thursday, January 05, 2012

Forgot About This One............

MSgt B has a good Golden Earring video up that I was checking out earlier and like it always goes at YouTube, I ended up on a nostalgia trip.
Saw this song listed and had a"Whoa Dude" moment. I hadn't thought of that group or song in years.


There was a radio DJ named Dex Card who, I just found this out a few minutes ago, had a series of "Teen Clubs called, "The Wild Goose" around the Chicago area back in the 1960's and 70's.

The only one I ever knew of was in Schererville, Indiana. Lots of good bands such as, Ted Nugent, Bob Seeger, The Cryin Shames, The Box Tops and even Alice Cooper played there.
It was a lot of fun for a high school kid to go and hear music.

Mason Profit was a Chicago based band that came through there pretty regular.
Good band with a good stage presence.
Seeing that video, prompted, a Mister Peabody" moment and Sherman transported me back to about 1969 or so via "The Wayback Machine".


And for those young ones out there, here's Mr Peabody and Sherman-

Yep, pretty cheesy.

And not to be confused with the Mister Peabody in this song. Note the WJJD radio station. We heard that at my house, too-


Gratuitous Picture for a Thursday Evening-