Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Interesting Info for Y'all With Those High Tech Phones............
Via Michael Yon Pocket Spies-

"Meanwhile, those smartphones that so many of us carry are tantamount to carrying hostile spies in our pockets. If the battery is charged and in the phone, the phone is a homing beacon whether it’s on or off. Now add services such as Facebook, and those excellent phone cameras with geotagging, and there is a combination for disaster."

This is pretty interesting stuff. I don't have one of these smart phones and after reading this I don't see myself going out and getting one any time soon.

This also makes my dislike of Facebook just that much stronger. To intelligence gathering agency's like the KGB, CIA, Homeland Security, NSA, etc, Facebook is a wet dream. There's a Cray Supercomputer churning through Facebook, Twitter and all of the other, Social Networking sites out there right now.

Just got me thinking about this.

Gratuitous Picture for a Tuesday Morning-