Friday, August 20, 2010

All You Airplane Geeks out there - You'll Like This.............

2009 Edwards AFB Open House



A great series of pictures - AND - There are flyby sounds you can hear of a shitload of cool planes!

Lots of good stuff. Check it out.

H/T to Theo Spark

And since we're on the subject of airplanes and Warbirds-

I hope you've been following the Battle of Britain Day by Day I told you about awhile back. This was Indeed, Britons finest hour. You can hear Winston Churchill's speech on this subject at the 2nd link there.
EDIT - No you can't. The audio link above is gone.

But since it's August 20th, perhaps it's a better time for this quote anyway.
From his speech 70 years ago today regarding the Heroes of the RAF - "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

There is a link there at the bottom of the Wiki page to an audio recording if you're feeling lucky. I will try it later when I can take the time to enjoy it. I've heard it before, if you haven't, take some time to listen to what a REAL MAN, who wrote his own speeches and Didn't Need A Teleprompter, sounds like.

OK. Worked late last night. Got up late this morning.
I need to put some pants on and get something done around here.

Gratuitous Picture for a Friday Morning-
Sums it up nicely for me.