Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's Humpday and it's Good......

Just got home from the second of the 2 re-certification classes I needed to do this week.
Glad that's over and now I'm good for another 2 years.

These are a stress free event anymore. The first time I took them I was nervous as hell. This is the 5th or 6th time I've taken them and other than the regular changes that evolve in any program like this, it's no big deal anymore.

The training style has changed dramatically over the years, too. It used to be very hardcore and regimented. No mistakes tolerated at all. That only made the participants more nervous and prone to Brain Farts and not real conducive to really learning anything other than passing the test.

They've relaxed the program to push for more critical thinking and actual learning for the real world and it's much better nowadays. You tend to remember things better that way.

Anyway, I'm glad that's over and I got to make a few extra hours on the paycheck.

Gratuitous Picture for a Wednesday Afternoon-
Maybe I can get out in the morning and work on this. From 1918.