Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Night Roundup.......
It's been a busy week around here. The holiday weekend approaches and that means that most of you will be having some off time.
Enjoy it and spend a little time with family if you can.

I'll be in the ER fighting off the Zombie Hordes. Just the way it is. I chose this schedule and as much as I dislike my job anymore, I'm damn glad to have it.

Went to the range this morning with MiniD. He's gonna get me to where I can actually hit what I aim at if he's not careful.
He had his 338 Rem Ultra Mag and was testing some loads out.

Holy Shit! That things is a cannon. I extracted a promise from him to let me shoot it next time. Oh Yeah!!

He's got a really nice collection of rifles and knows how to shoot them. The guy is also a walking encyclopedia of reloading data and why things work the way they do. He amazes me and patiently answers all of my questions before he makes fun of me, which I think is an ok trade off.

I finally got to cut the grass out behind the barn this afternoon. First time this year. The last 5-6 days of dry weather have finally got it dry enough. It was still a bit wet in a couple of places but I didn't get stuck so it's all good.
Unreal how tall some of that was. Some fence and a few goats and sheep would be a much better alternative. But who's got money for fence?

Oh well. Don't wanna bitch to much as things could be a lot worse.

I've been fortunate to have been able to travel to some third world places and unlike in the USA, the poor people there aren't fat.

So again, I'm damn glad for what I have.

Speaking of - The Wife will be home Sunday. That's a winner. Miss the old girl when she's gone.

Youngest Son, Dogboy came by last night with his Girl and we had dinner and sat out by the fire later and shot the shit. That was nice.

Here's a couple of crazy ass news stories for ya - Woman hunter kills elephant with bow and arrow Yeah, you read that right. With a Bow and Arrow. That's amazing.

On a different tack - Police: Shoplifting aunt used baby as weapon Not so amazing as the above, but ....... interesting to say the least. Throw a 2 month old kid at the cops and haul ass.
I still hate people.

Gratuitous Picture for a Friday Night-
PLAY BALL!!!