Monday, April 27, 2009

What's Happening Around Here on a Late April Monday............
Spring has finally arrived for a day or so. It was almost 90 degrees out today. Being that this is Indiana, we could have snow yet. One never knows this time of year.

It's been a very cold and gloomy Spring up till just the last week. We were still getting down into the 30's every night just a week ago. But the warm weather has really gotten things get going.

I was worried that the Taters and Peas were not gonna sprout. Fortunately, the Peas broke through a few days ago and I saw that the Taters are busting loose today.



Here's one of the 3 beds I have in Peas. Approximately 4x16'

Here's a Tater just starting to peek through. This makes YerUnk very happy. They've been in the ground for almost 5 weeks. It only took a week of decent weather and night time temps above 45 to get 'em going.






I've been Lumberjacking some more, too. Dropped 3 trees last Friday and got them almost all cut up and cleaned up today.


Here's some of what's still laying around on the ground. I should have gotten it all cleaned up and stacked. Did I mention it was almost 90 degrees today?

Yeah, I just ran out of gas. No, not the chainsaws. They had gas. I'm the one that ran out of gas.

I should have taken a picture of the pile of slash that's been created from just a few trees. Maybe later.

Maybe a night shot when it gets torched sometime later would be better.

I'm gonna break this up into another post as I seem to have problems with posts that have too many pictures.