Thursday, March 20, 2008

One Good Thing Lately.....
With all the bad shit that's been going on around here lately, I should at least show you the good stuff.

Last Fall I bought a seat for the BigBluePlasticKawasaki that just didn't suit me. Spent a pretty good penny on it, but it was to hard for my skinny ass, so I reverted back to the stock seat. Well, I put the thing up for sale on the Concours Owners Group Forum. Not much interest was shown and I was thinking of going the Ebay route with it when I got an email and bam! It was sold.

Now I've been squirreling away a little money to buy a new pistol. Unfortunately, my taste in pistols is expensive. And I figured that the seat money still left me about $300 bucks shy of what I needed.

Well, as luck would have it. I happened to mention to a friend that I really wanted a 1911 pistol but didn't yet have enough cash. He looked kinda funny at me and said, "I've got one I'll sell you." His asking price was almost to the penny of what I had saved. I said OK and that was that.

Now I have added a Colt 1911 in .45 caliber to the collection.

Basic black &
Nothing fancy.




The real test is, can you hit anything with it.

Since I hadn't shot a .45 since the Army days of the mid 80's, who knows?

As it turns out, not to worry. It's way more accurate than I am.

The first 3 targets. 8 rounds each. 2 totally missed the plate on the first one (left).

Things got better real fast. Yeah, all 8 are in that last two. I'm real happy with that third one. This was just me blasting away in a pretty rapid fashion from about 30 feet.

Like I said. This thing is way more accurate than I am. If I ever get some real instruction, I may actually learn to shoot someday. I can see this getting even better after a little trigger work.

So that's the good news from around here.