Thursday, April 19, 2007

Strange Ride Home Monday Night ..........
Got off at 11pm and jumped on the "BigBluePlasticKawasaki" and headed out. Got halfway out of the lot and - "POP" - there went the Bright headlight. Crap. But hey, I still have the Low Beam. So I continue on the way.

About 1/2 a mile out, a Damn Deer ran out in front of me. I was going slow and saw her first, so I only had to do a bit of Brake and Dodge. OK, that's not bad.

Several miles later, just as I'm cresting a small rise that then drops off sharply from there .......

I find 2 big dogs doing the wildthing, right in the middle of the road!

Thankfully, they were closer to centerline than right in the middle of my lane. I just nicked the Male with the front wheel and fairing and spun 'em around like a frisbie. After I quit screaming and started laughing, I turned around and went back to see if they were ok.

They were OK. Still locked up and tearing it up in the middle of the road. There were 3-4 other dogs, males I assume, milling around that I hadn't seen on the first run through.

Just glad I didn't run smack into them. That would'a been a mess.