Thursday, December 28, 2006

I'm Afraid This is Gonna Be a Regular Thing ............

Geez, I thought they were gonna lighten up a bit now that the Democrats were back in the saddle. The crazy ass reactions to a little Girl singing a song to her brother (see post below) and now this crazy ass shit over a guy who was basically a chair warmer?

This worries me. Unk isn't used to being wrong about this kinda shit. But I've been Waaaaaaaaaay wrong on how deep the hatred runs out there. This is a disturbing thing for me. I knew the hate was already crazy bad. But Damn. How crazy are these folks?

Check this shit out.

professor Schlong has a nice collection of quotes from the
Inmates at Democratic Underground regarding the death of President Gerald Ford.


Here's a small sample -


"May he rot in hell for his cowardice and complicity."

"The guy was an EVIL MOTHERFUCKER who sent many innocent Americans to death for war profits. Fuck him and the bunch who rode in with him. 'm glad he is dead! I only wish he suffered more!"

"Ford was a bumbling idiot of a politician alright and little else except an enabler for the gop lies that continue to this day. Good damn riddance, thats my opinion"

"If you can't say anything nice about a person....then that person must be a recently deceased republic president."

Hmmmmmmmmmm. That may give you a small insight of what the "Progressive Wing of the Democratic Party" is all about these days. Remember this. The Democratic Underground is not some little fringe website. This is one of the largest political sites on the web. They are Web linked by most every major Democratic organization, candidate and politician.

Those folks quoted above? Yeah, Meet the new boss.


I've pretty much gotten away from polictical commentary. Mostly, because there are a million others out there who do it way better than I do. And a guy like me isn't going to be able to make any damn difference about the way most anyone feels or thinks about politics. Or any other shit, either.

But the irrational hatred thing going on is just weird and wrong. Real wrong. Unk is felling a "Distubance in the Force" that is very ............. Troubling. I've not been paying attention to this crap for quite awhile.

Maybe I'll start paying more attention.