Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Downer. James Brown Dead .............

Well crap. I realize, probably better than most of you, that Christmas is just another day when it comes to death.

But damn if I wasn't sorry to hear about The Godfather of Soul passing away early this morning.

My older brother, Chief was the one who turned me on to Soul Music at an early age.
When I was about 15, I had a big poster of him on my wall. The Old Man didn't get it and was worried about me. He wasn't the most enlightened guy and Soul Music, like most everything else we listened to just drove him nuts.

And all you "Moon Walk" MoFo's? Michael f*ckin' Jackson did NOT invent that shit. James Brown did.

Michael Jackson never has nor never will dance as funky as James Brown. James Brown was a real MAN.

End of story.