Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dude, Where's My Tread?????
It never fails to amaze me how quickly the tread wears on tires. It seems like, once it gets to the point where you say to yourself, "I better be getting some new tires", it just disappears in no time.

This is the current state of my rear tire. Not optimal by any standard.

I ordered tires long before they looked this bad. But it only took about 400-500 miles to go from "Hmm, better get some tires" to "Shit, those look like crap".

Needless to say, I haven't been riding on 'em much.

I've had the new tires sitting in the garage for 2 weeks now.




<---- Doesn't that look better? It'd look even better if it was mounted on the bike.

With my back so screwed up for the last week, I haven't been able to pull the rims off and get the tires swapped out and balanced.

Of course, I haven't been able to ride either. I still can barely turn my head from side to side and the thought of hitting any bumps? ......... Uh, no thanks.

I'm getting better everyday, so hopefully, Thursday or Friday I can get the new skins swapped.

I'd ride it to work Saturday, except some Whiny Prick has decided I shouldn't be able to continue to park where I've been parking for the last 2 years.

Gott Damn Shitheels! I've been parking out under a canopy, close to the building. It stays dry (I ride when the weather isn't optimal) and it's a bit more secure. That's the big thing. The parking lot is open and the local Shitbirds walk through it all the time.
Oh yeah, There is ziltch security out there. None.
Sorry, I've had people screw around with my bike far to many times over the years to willingly leave it out there at the mercy of the Zombies.

So, I will now drive The Redneck Valdez to work. I can leak oil all over the lot and use up space that someone else could use. Not to mention the fact that the Valdez uses enough gas in 1 trip to fuel the bike for a week. Mother Ghia weeps at the waste of her precious resources and I'm sure God kills a Kitten everytime we waste dinosaur bones.

Oh well. No, I'm not gonna ride it and put a cover on it. That's still not secure and a cover just makes the Zombies curious. Bitches.