Saturday, September 17, 2005

I'm Getting Excited....

2 weeks and I'm gonna be off on the road trip! WooHoo! I haven't taken a for real road trip for a long time and I'm getting stoked. The plan is to head South and East with a minimal amount of "Gotta Be" and a whole bunch of "This looks interesting". Flexibility has always been my best travel asset and I hope it doesn't fail me now.

I've got the Bike all up and running well. It's nasty dirty, but it runs well. I've started gathering crap and making lists of other crap I'm gonna need. Packing, as usual, will be a challenge. I'm traveling light (I have to, I'm on a motorcycle) but not as primitive as when I was young. I couldn't take those 400 - 500 mile days in the rain w/o a rainsuit anymore. I'm not sure why I did it then. Just a Dumbass, I guess. Didn't seem to matter at the time.

Lots of things to do yet. The list of "Gotta Get" stuff is already getting expensive. I'm gonna have to get resourceful in order to have enough cash left to enjoy myself and not be forced to digging into dumpsters behind the BurgerKing while on the road.

OK, It's not that bad. But as everyone knows, it's pretty hard to have too much spending money.

I'm really looking forward to this. Man, I hope the weather's nice. I'll settle for dry.